Tuesday, May 01, 2007

thoughts on the random

On: The Mondays

my grandfather has been really sick lately, so i went home for a few days to see how he was doing and to hang out with my siblings. i got a lot of rest and spent some good time with my family, and then by saturday nite i was back in DC.

needless to say, monday hit me like a ton of bricks. i was just so blown! this had to have been THEE worst case of the mondays i've ever experienced. i looked at my alarm clock after it went off monday morning and just wanted to cry.

and i STILL got in the office at 8:15am, almost an hour earlier than i'm expected to be there--which was probably the strangest thing about it. I was almost certain I'd oversleep and be late for work.

Musings about the metro.

--Is it just me, or is the green line moving WAY faster than the red line nowadays? I live off the green line and i don't remember hte last time i waited more than 5 minutes for the next train. the red line on the other hand is really touch and go. it's a bit strange since it used to be the complete opposite.

--and while we're talking about the green and red lines, i have to say taht those two lines put together have the nicest selection of attractive men. not that i'm necessarily checking htem out, but when you spent 6 years in an all girls institution before going to a co-ed school, you never lose the urge to check out the selection. then it got me thinking: how many successful couples initially met during a ride on the metro?

trying a new recipe

so a few weeks ago, an acquaintance of mine gave me a recipe for sambusas (if you really wanna know, Google). part of the recipe called for me to deep fry the food. well, i think i made the oil too hot, cuz the sambusas were pretty much burned to a crisp.

the second time around they came out fine, but i was real bothered by the first go around because i almost never eff up a recipe. i guess there's a first time for everything.

No comments: