Saturday, May 12, 2007

Mayor Fenty, you are the bamma of the week.



As some of you may or may not know, Adrian Fenty, the mayor of DC, has been given the authority to take over the DC public schools. I originally supported that idea, and I applauded Mayor Fenty for having such a passion for changing the way our children are educated in this
city.
Then I read this article and while I still applaud his dedication to improving the school system, he loses some points for plagiarizing HIS ENTIRE PROPOSAL.
What kind of bamma sh*t is that?
Because I KNOW we all learned in grade school that copying other people's work is not the right thing to do. What bothers me is that here he is, heralding this plan as his own and yet it was lifted from someone else's work.
I showed this article to a friend of mine yesterday. He said that while he could see that the plagiarizing issue is bad, "it's a plan to improve the school system, not an application for the Nobel Peace Prize."
I get it. I also get that most policies, especially those involving urban areas, are borrowed from cities and states where those policies worked. But come on a whole document? After telling everybody and their mother that you had all these ORIGINAL plans for improving the school system? That's just embarassing.
Man, I would hate to be in his communications office right now. I bet that office is blowin the hell up. This could be a huge PR let-down for him.
Somebody call Huggy Lowdown, cuz this guy is the bamma of the week.

1 comment:

stephaniesamuel said...

it's not uncommon for cities to borrow legislative material or action plans for a certain issue. However, attribution is required.

If you ask me, Fenty'splan to take over the educational system in DC is a mistake. DC Educational problems are too vast.