Thursday, March 22, 2007

Thoughts on the Random: The double date phenomenon, de la soul, and why working in gtown sucks.

On: Double Dates

I'm going on my first one soon. I'm not sure how these things go.

I mean it's usually under the pretext of "maybe your friends can get with my friends, and we can be friends." Am I correct?

It sounds easy enough....well, provided that you have a good wing(wo)man.

It seems like it would be a distraction. I mean you're chillin trying to get to know your date but you also have to talk it up with the other couple, and who wants to do that all night?

Do people even double date anymore? I mean really.

On: Stakes is High

I've had this song on repeat all night. This song is flawless. J-Dilla produced it. (RIP) Which would explain why it's flawless. That is all I wanted to say.


Gtown is the devil

Let's talk about this for a second. I happen to work in Georgetown, where all the shops and boutiques are in DC, among other things. I've worked in that area for almost 2 years, and it has never really been much of a distraction. But lately...I find myself strolling through the H & M store during lunchtime more than ever. First, I'll go in and say, "Nope, I'm not gonna buy anything. NOTHING. not at all. not even a barette." It starts when you see a cute something on sale. "well...it's only 10 bucks...I guess I can buy it..." Then you go back...and you see a cute something not on sale but you decide, "well what's the harm in trying it on?" and it just magically fits perfectly. So you buy it.

Last week it was a grey sweater dress.

Today it was a red belt that matches my red peekaboo toe heels.

I may need to go to rehab soon.





No comments: