Thursday, October 12, 2006

eat the cake, anna mae.



I'm so excited about this film. I saw the trailer this summer when I went to see...Superman I think it was. Sofia Coppola is a very talented director/writer. I have yet to see Virgin Suicides but Lost in Translation was one of my favorite flicks that year.

Marie Antoinette may very well have been a pre-cursor to Paris Hilton...well, maybe not. She was definitely smarter than her. But given all the rumors that were swirling around about her, perhaps it's a good thing there was no such thing as a "sex tape" in 18th Century France. I saw Dangerous Liaisons a while ago which was set in the same era as this film, and sometimes I wonder if the raciness of the two movies was actually true to the historical period, or if it's today's modern obsession with sex and sexuality that drives it?

In any case, this movie is going to be freaking awesome.

No comments: