Tuesday, September 05, 2006

thoughts on the random: skinny jeans, sexual politics, facebook=stalker net, and my fav. time of the year.


the above topics will be talked about in that order and i may add things to the list as they come to me.

on: skinny jeans.

i'm really feelin this new look...skinny jeans, sexy top, cute little pumps. and i want to try it. but....i dunno, i just think that maybe it doesn't work for me. see, i have a big booty, and those who know me...know that my big booty cannot be denied. i don't know if i am bold enough really to wear skinny jeans...cuz...i mean....skinny jeans...the name alone implies that...one needs to be skinny.

now i'm not a fat girl, but by some [men's] standards i am considered thick. i may not have any business wearin nothin called... "skinny jeans," but...f*ck it, i think i may try it.

i mean if ashlee simpson can do it, then dammit, i can do it too!

on: issues regarding sexual politics.

this weekend i read somewhere that about 5% of men everywhere actually NEED to use magnum sized prophylactics (you know what i am talking about. if you don't, you may want to do yourself and favor and stop reading). the other 95% either a.-don't need them and don't use them or b.-are lying to themselves and to their partners. now i think this is most likely true (especially option B)....but now i find myself looking for the men who belong in that 5%....lol, j/k (maybe :-)

and another thing, what is it with men not wanting to cuddle? i don't understand. i've only met one man who wanted to cuddle and he was the best guy i've ever gone out with. so what is it with these losers who don't like to cuddle? don't even get me STARTED on the ones who can't cuddle right. they can miss me with all that.

on: people who stare you down on the metro.

yes. i hate these people. but what i learned was that if you stare back, they will think you are crazy and will avert their eyes. this dude on the train kept staring at me, and not only was he very close to me near the door---an invasion of privacy i'm sure---but his eyes were just...on me, and it made me uncomfortable. so i shot him this mean ass look as if to say: the f*ck you lookin at? he immediately backed off. see? as long as you LOOK like you can kick a dude's ass, you're usually okay.

on: facebook becoming the new COINTELPRO.

i can't handle it. i logged onto my facebook today to find out that they had completely overhauled the damn thing. now they have this thing called a frickin "news feed" and an accompanying "mini-feed" for your personal profile. apparently, they tell you who's just poked who, who is now in a relationship with somoene else, who just wrote on who's wall, even who's goin to what events, and where the fuckin events are at!

it's just too much info for me....i don't WANT to know that you're goin to the Kappa party on friday, i don't WANT to know that Jamal broke up with Keisha and now he's looking for whatever he can get. i don't WANT people to know if i'm suddenly in a relationship with the Ape at Umass or some shit. i simply think it's invasive. this is sooooo not the business. but i'll tell you what is...

on: my favorite time of the year in DC

that's right. CBC WEEK! the week of the Congressional Black Caucus Annual Legislative Conference has GOT to be my favorite time of the year in DC. great chances to hear powerful Black speakers, massive happy hours, handsome black professional men in suits, and plus Love nightclub shuts down and becomes mad classy. i'm so very excited. i think i might skip out on the Zeta/Sigma/Thurgood Marshall CBC reception though this year, because i want to check out the Urban League's young professionals network event. and it's the same night.

for background: www.cbcfinc.org

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm right there with you on skinny jeans. I really like the way they look, but I'm not sure they would look all that good on me.